Interviews are conducted for a variety of purposes in the workplace with a variety of goals in mind. In many organizations, an interview is conducted to gather the information required to carry out a root cause analysis or to investigate wrongdoing, but such interviews lack consistency across the organization. This course is designed to help any professional gather complete and accurate information in a standardized manner to assist in making consequential decisions, managing risks, and minimizing exposure to liabilities. Specifically, attendees are trained to apply the scientific-based techniques that maximize the quality and quantity of information gathered from individuals in an ethical fashion via a five-phase model. Presented by two of North America’s leading trainers on the PEACE Model, this On Demand workshop is eligible for 8 hours of valuable Continuing Education Credit.
Topics covered include:
- Planning and preparing for interviews
- Avoiding fundamental interviewing errors
- Building rapport and listening actively
- Understanding how memory works and the barriers to retrieving information
- Utilizing scientific-based communication skills
- Transferring interview control to interviewees
- Asking interviewee compatible questions
- Applying evidence-based memory extraction techniques, such as mental reinstatement of context, report everything, different orders, sketch plans, eye closure
- Asking appropriate question types and putting questions in a logical sequence
- Matching memory extraction techniques with memory type
- Dissecting and probing answers
- Taking notes effectively
- Closing interviews properly
- Using evidence strategically at the end of an interview
- Creating consistency among interviewers in the same organization
More cost-effective and time-efficient than attending an in-person workshop but covering the same content, this innovative On Demand training is the first-of-its-kind.
Why Train With GIFR?
Eliminate hidden costs of in-person trainings including travel, hotel, food, and gas